Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Meme too

Holy moly my first meme. Thanks Alpha Dogma for the tag...I feel a little sick following your glorious first attempt. If anyone thinks my first attempt pales in comparison come back after a few glasses of wine.

1. Do you like the look and the contents of your blog?

Actually, yes. I did a bit of tinkering the other day and I like the format (colours remained the same) and the labels. The labels are fun. Content is a work in progress. I like everything so far but, understand there is room (a few continents wide) for improvement.

2. Does your family know about your blog?

Yes and no. Whew, that covers it then?! My sister who is teaching in Seoul knows about it since one of my original reasons for starting my blog was for her to keep track of us. My hubby knows about it and that is about it. I have mentioned I have a blog to a few by accident but have never given out any info. I'm not really sure what their reactions would be and certainly don't want to find out. On a subconscious level I have kept it fairly neutral, there is always that "what if they find out" in the back of my mind.

3. Can you tell your friends about your blog?

As mentioned above I have told a few people by accident but, no none of my friends know about my blog in terms of how to find it.

4. Do you just read the blogs of those who comment on your blog?

Gosh no. I read tons, more than are on my blog roll and they have no idea I exist. I read what I like and that includes those who comment but, by no means is that all I read.

5. Did your blog positively affect your mind?
Oh yeah! I am insanely happy I can still string together a few sentences and cobble together something coherent once in a while. Mommy brain can be a silent but deadly condition.

6. What does the number of visitors to your blog mean?

They like me, they really like me! Seriously, it is so wonderful that someone would take the time to read anything I have written, then take the time to comment. It makes me feel all yummy just thinking about it. I have met the most wonderful people and for that I am grateful.


7. Do you imagine what other bloggers look like?
Not really. Although, I sometimes wonder about their kids. And, I sometimes think about running into certain bloggers at say the mall or a restaurant. How I would know it is them I am not sure. Then again some bloggers have posted their photos lately so maybe that is why I am not really preoccupied.

8. Do you think blogging has any real benefit?

Absolutely. If nothing else I enjoy it. My writing is improving, well maybe not to overstate, it is not getting worse. I am trying to get over my dash addiction - not easy mind you. Crappy punctuation pisses people off so I am trying to study all of Bub and Pie's posts.

9. Do you think that the blogosphere is a stand alone community separated from the real world?

Hmmn. Is this a trick question? Isn't it us people in the "real world" that make up this "stand alone community"? I'll leave this for the smart people to answer.

10. Do some political blogs scare you? Do you avoid them?

Honestly, I don't avoid them but I have never been to one either. I enjoy when mommy bloggers use their blogs for something other than poop stories once in a while but, I would never seek out a political blog. I guess the closest thing would be I love watching the Daily Show.

11. Do you think that criticizing your blog is useful?

Georgia peach. I bruise easily.

12. Have you ever thought about what would happen to your blog in case you died?

Not even once until I read this meme.

13. Which blogger had the greatest impression on you?

To be fair (which unfortunately makes me sound horribly lame) I had never visited a blog in my life until I found Catherine Newman's after she left Baby Centre. I was dazzled by this first introduction and I was not happy until I had my own. As for the present, I would have to say Bub and Pie. She captures life with such lively wit and serves it up with a depth of character that makes me embarrassed sometimes to even have a blog.

14. Which blogger do you think is the most similar to you?

Yikes. Well, since Alpha Dogma and I started our blogs at roughly the same time and stumbled upon each other, I will say AD. I do see myself in countless others, the good and the bad. I think that it what draws us in and keeps us coming back. The idea that you are not alone and there are parents all over feeling what you are feeling. It compels you to come back for more.

15. Name a song you want to listen to?

Right now? Why is this the hardest question? How about Green Day's Time of Your Life.

I guess it is my turn to tag someone but I think I have seen this on every blog I read. No tags for today just adding to the fun.

2 comments:

Bea said...

I'll watch my punctuation, then! I did put a semi-colon before the word "but" the other day, because although it's technically wrong, I liked it that way. So be careful of observing my style too closely!

N. said...

Good job. I'm so tempted to go back and edit my own entry and steal all your great answers.

I really like you answer to #14, not JUST because you spoke nice things about me (on a day when I, quite frankly, feel like crap) but because you analyze the basis of my own blogging addiction. The aloneness of motherhood. The need to connect. The joy at the sharing.

Great meme. Next time you get meme-fied, tag me and we'll call it even.

-AD

PS - thanks for the compliment. You made my day.